בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 Apr 2017

In our lives for a reason

Fabulous daily emunah lesson over here.


The other day I came across a Facebook post about a special mother and was ready to remind MIC readers to appreciate parents and let them know that they are valued before it is too late. No sooner had the idea popped into my head when I came across another Facebook post about reaching out to children and giving them a hug.
So, let us appreciate both parents and children. Let us say a nice word to our spouse and give a compliment to a friend. These people are in our lives for a reason and we should be grateful for their presence.

Below are the two posts.

Today would have been my Moms Birthday. She has been gone a few years now, and I miss her very much. She was such a great lady, and she was beautiful inside and out. She was a very proud Jew that loved Yiddishkeit, Torah and Israel, and she taught her children how important these things are in our lives. I wish I could tell her how much I appreciate what a wonderful Mother she was, and how much I love her and miss her. I try to be the Mench that she lovingly tried to teach me to be. May she be remembered for Brachas (blessings).

Heard some very sad news about the daughter of a friend who I have not seen in many years. While we have been mostly out of touch (except for Facebook), this news still hit me very very hard. To all of my friends with children - please do me a favor: Give your kids a hug today (and every day, when possible). If you aren't able to see them today, call them or text them to tell them that you love them. You never know if that might be the difference between darkness and light.


No comments:

Post a Comment