בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



21 Dec 2013

The best man in the entire world

Nearly a week after 30-year-old Hoboken lawyer Dustin Friedland was gunned down in a deadly carjacking while returning to his vehicle in an upper level parking deck of the Mall at Short Hills, police this morning arrested four men on charges of murder.
Read more: http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2013/12/authorities_identify_4_men_arrested_in_connection_with_deadly_short_hills_carjacking.html

How many years do you think they will sit in prison. I would hazard to guess, less than Jonathan Pollard.

Two years ago, Jamie Schare Friedland married her "dream man."
Today, as she eulogized him, she called herself "the luckiest person I know."
"I still believe that because I married the best man in the entire world," she told hundreds of mourners who filled the sanctuary at Beth Am Shalom in Lakewood to memorialize her husband, Dustin Friedland. "I was lucky enough to be with him for the time we had — his forever, just as he wanted it.
"He was my perfect person, my everything," she said.
Continue reading: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/12/dustin_friedland_funeral.html

This weeked I read an anecdote in the Hamodia, which I have posted below, written by Rabbi Fishel Schachter about being grateful and not taking things for granted. Let's be thankful for "our best spouse" no matter how many years we have been married.

Harav Avigdor Miller, zt"l, told his daughter once (I heard this from his son-in-law), "Do you know that I thank Hashem that you found such a wonderful shidduch?"

"But tatte, I've been married for more than twenty years."


"Yes, and I have thanked Hashem every single day all those years."

No comments:

Post a Comment