בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



13 Feb 2013

Being happy

In honor of Chodesh Adar (Mishenichnas Adar Marbim BeSimcha), below are two articles about happiness.

Genetics can determine more than just the way you look.
As CBS 2’s Kristine Johnson reported Tuesday, recent research indicates that they also play a part in how happy you are, and how happy you could be.
Read more: http://matzav.com/study-happiness-is-partially-genetic
H/T Matzav

Dawn Gluskin writes about happiness being a choice.

As often as possible, I'm a look-on-the-bright-side kind of girl. I choose to be grateful for whatever I have, instead of focusing on the have-nots. I view life's challenges as blessings-in-disguise because of the lessons attached to them. I have not always viewed life through this lens, but as a result of shining the light on my own negative thought patterns over the years, I've learned to keep a positive outlook and have gained more happiness and inner peace. I love to share my optimism with others and it is usually well-received.
Continue reading: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dawn-gluskin/positive-thinking_b_2623144.html


2 comments:

  1. BARUCH HASHEM!!!!!!!!!! *;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that being happy is genetic may well be confused with the fact that it runs in the family.

    If the parents are happy, chances are high the children will be happy. And their children will therefore be happy, and so on.

    Therefore the scientists that jump to genetics may well be off track. The fact that we, as Jews, have the greatest gift the world has ever known - the Torah - is a very good reason for someone to be happy. In fact, attributing happiness to genetics may well to injustice to Yiddishkeit, as if the letter has nothing to do with it.

    Not long ago I remember reading a comparison of religious Jewish Israeli ladies versus their secular counterparts, and, of course, the former had so many more advantages going for them.

    In short - I think it has little to do with genetics.

    ReplyDelete