בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 Jan 2013

Beliefs

An article about quarterback Colin Kaepernick describes his faith in G-d.
 
Kaepernick's faith is out there for the world to see. It's literally written all over his body. He has "faith" inscribed on his right bicep, and "to God the glory" on his right arm as well.
...Kaepernick knows his tattoos get scrutinized along with everything else.
"Number one is kind of my way of saying, I don't really care what people think about my tattoos," he said. "I got them for me and to show people this is what I believe in. God has brought me this far, he's laid out a phenomenal path for me and I can't do anything but thank him."
 
Rabbo Moshe Grylack discusses the issue of drafting yeshiva students into the Israeli army and rmearks, "What we have here is no less than an existential threat to the chareidi community in particular and the State of Israel in general. This is predicated on the deeply-held belief, rooted in the Torah, the Gemara, and the assurances of great Torah leaders of all generations, that Torah study literally shields the Jewish People from harm...."
 
In contrast, a secular professor opines, “Your arguments are nothing but deceit.”
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment