בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



5 Jan 2013

Baruch Hashem

The other week I received the following email about thanking Hashem. A few days later I came across a post written in 2011 titled Baruch Hashem I discovered a fantastic source of Torah learning.
It reminded me to thank Hashem for all that has been bestowed upon us, including finding a fantastic source of Torah learning.  

WHAT HAPPENS IN HEAVEN WHEN WE PRAY?
I dreamt that I went to Heaven and an angel was showing me around. We walked side-by-side inside a large workroom filled with angels. My angel guide stopped in front of the first section and said, "This is the Receiving Section". Here, all petitions to God said in prayer are received.
I looked around in this area, and it was terribly busy with so many angels sorting out petitions written on voluminous paper sheets and scraps from people all over the world.
Then we moved on down a long corridor until we reached the second section.
The angel then said to me, "This is the Packaging and Delivery Section. Here, the graces and blessings the people asked for are processed and delivered to the living persons who asked for them." I noticed again how busy it was there. There were many angels working hard at that station, since so many blessings had been requested and were being packaged for delivery to Earth.
Finally at the farthest end of the long corridor we stopped at the door of a very small station. To my great surprise, only one angel was seated there, idly doing nothing. "This is the Acknowledgment Section, my angel friend quietly admitted to me. He seemed embarrassed." How is it that there is no work going on here? ‘I asked.
”So sad," the angel sighed. "After people receive the blessings that they asked for, very few send back acknowledgments"
"How does one acknowledge God's blessings“? I asked…

"Simple," the angel answered. Just say, "Thank you, Lord.”

2 comments:

  1. Very nice post!

    (Reminds me how the Rebbe would many times ask his chassidim to write him when they had good news too, not always asking for blessings when things were going badly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment reminds me of the time I called up a rebbetzin with good news and she was so impressed. She told me that so many asked for blessings but few called up to tell her good news.

    ReplyDelete