בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



23 Jul 2012

Life is a blessing

The Blaze has an article about Jessica Ghawi, one of the victims of the Colorado shooting.

Shockingly, she was also present at a mall shooting  in Toronto roughly six weeks ago that left one dead and several wounded. In a chilling blog post linked from her Twitter account, Ghawi recounts her experience:

...I was shown how fragile life was on Saturday. I saw the terror on bystanders’ faces. I saw the victims of a senseless crime. I saw lives change. I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath. For one man, it was in the middle of a busy food court on a Saturday evening.
I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/read-the-eerie-final-blog-post-from-one-of-the-reported-shooting-victims-which-details-her-reaction-to-being-at-another-mass-shooting/

In her Twitter account, under the name of Jessica Redfield, she posted the following on July 18th.

How do people know where they want to be in 14 years?! This is absurd to me! I don't even know where I want to be in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment