בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



3 Dec 2011

The words of Psalms

A few days ago YNET published an interview with Ilan Grapel about his imprisonment in Egypt.

In the holding cell Grapel tried to keep himself busy by exercising and in order to make sure that he didn't lose his voice he says he "hummed the songs I had heard at the youth hostel." He added: "I also tried to make every meal last as long as possible. I washed my hands before eating bread, that's five minutes and the blessing on the bread is another five minutes.
Read full article: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4154554,00.html

Chadrei Charedim reports that one of the songs he sung was a song by Kobi Aflalo with lyrics from Psalms.
גם כי אלך בגיא צלמות
לא אירא רע כי אתה עמדי
שבטך ומשענתך המה ינחמני

Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no harm, for You are at my side. Your staff and Your rod comfort me. (Ps. 23)

I found a clip of Kobi Aflalo singing the song and have posted it below. If you look at the video on YouTube, you will see that someone posted a comment in Hebrew about a person who truly rose from the abyss. That man was forced to dig a hole in the ground along with other villagers. The Nazis then proceeded to shoot the people and the young boy fell under the bodies. Eventually, he made his way to America and relocated to Israel at an old age, having succeeded to establish a family and live with the belief, "I fear no harm, for You are at my side."

No comments:

Post a Comment