בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



18 Nov 2010

Two minutes

The following is an email that I sent this afternoon to the boss of a bank employee (let's call him Mr. Smith) who was very helpful to me.

Dear Ms. ,
I am writing to commend and thank Mr. Smith for the professional service he extended to me last week.
I have been a customer of your bank for many years. On Friday, November 12, I discovered a small problem with my bank account statement when I received a printout from the ATM. Mr. Smith graciously explained to me what the problem was. He was very courteous, calm and informative. I was most impressed with his friendly demeanor and wish him continued success in his career.

Sincerely yours,


Within one hour, I had received a reply.

Dear Ms. ,
It gives me great pleasure to read your e-mail.
I am very happy that you are so pleased with the professionalism and friendliness of my colleague Mr. Smith. And even happier that you made the effort to let me know.
I have immediately written him a small letter to thank him for his (continuously) outstanding work.
Thank you as well.

Yours sincerely,


How long did it take me to express hakarat hatov (gratitude) for somebody's actions - two minutes? And if I can make someone happy, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment