בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



29 May 2010

A salute to the doers

The Reader's Digest recently published an article about Regan Payne who vowed to complete 50 charity activites in one year after her grandfather passed away. Her blog, thegoodmuse.com chronicles her activities.
I was impressed by her take action approach.
A few weeks ago I read about the IDF’s civilian administration issuing a demolition order against the Od Yosef Chai yeshiva at Yitzhar. I was disturbed that a yeshiva would be razed and wished I could do something about it.
Rabbi Pesach Lerner also read about the demolition order and began an investigation. He has written a letter stating that "we must put pressure upon Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu to forcefully and publically rescind this order. We cannot sit back and allow a yeshiva, a beautiful building of Torah and tefillah, to be destroyed."
Those who wish to view his letter can click here.
Rabbi Pesach Lerner and Regan Payne are individuals who accomplish, who don't sit back and let life pass them by. I salute them and wish I could emulate them.

I have been complaining for months about the loud music played at weddings. I would love to get involved in trying to get people to lower the volume. I have been told that the young people like it that way. So what? The older people don't enjoy it, besides the fact that loud music contributes to hearing loss. Why do the eldely have to cater to the young? Olam Hafuch - an upside-down world.

Hopefully, reading about individuals who accomplish small and great feats might inspire me to stop complaining and start acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment