בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



25 Mar 2010

The tombstone inscription

A friend of mine forwarded me an email with a PowerPoint presentation of photos from Jewish life in Poland. It was a fascinating glimpse into the life of yesteryear. One of the slides featured a photo of a family visiting a grave. The inscription on the tombstone read,
"A righteous man who led a life of good deeds, who lived from the fruits of his labor all his years, who died young, who was a giver of charity, the worthy one."
The words gave me pause as I reflected upon what I would like to be written about me. And I realized I should work on myself to be worthy of the words, "who led a life of good deeds."

No comments:

Post a Comment