בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



7 Mar 2010

In the merit of the righteous women

Had a busy Shabbos dividing my time between two aufrufs and a bris in two separate shuls. As I wished a mazal tov to a mother of the chasan, I apologized for coming late as I first stopped at the aufruf of one of my closest friends. The mother asked me if I was going back for the kiddush. When I responded in the affirmative she told me, "Please wish your friend a mazal tov from me."
I was flabbergasted. At the height of her simcha, she had the presence of mind to think of another and to extend a mazal tov to her.
Last Shabbos, I attended another aufruf and as I arrived late, I didn't find an empty seat. Suddenly, I heard my name being called. The mother of the chasan was gesturing to her table at the front. Someone had just vacated a seat and the woman told me to sit down at the front table opposite her. A few minutes later, I saw a look of worry on her face. I overheard her telling her daughter, "You see the woman over there? She is standing with a baby in her arms and she doesn't have a seat. Please go over to her and point out that seat in back of her."
Again, I was touched by how this woman could think of others during her simcha.
The two women are special people who do a lot more than I just described. They are following in the footsteps of Yocheved and Miriam, who sacrificed personal convenience to help others.
In the merit of righteous women, our fathers were redeemed from Egypt.
In the merit of the righteous women in our generation, may we see a redemption bimhera beyamenu amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment