בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



15 Jan 2010

The wedding invitation

Last week I received a wedding invitation from a former student. On the back of the dinner card, was the most heartwarming letter imaginable.

Dearest_______,
I feel honoured to invite you to my simcha.
Your attendance would really be appreciated.
Thank you for all the beautiful lessons. I will always remember the happy times we shared.
I would also like to take this opportunity to ask Mechila if my behaviour wasn't always so nice.
Waiting to see you.
_________


My answer to the kallah is as follows.
I would be honoured to attend your simcha. Thank you so much for making my day. Your words should serve as an example to one and all. You have already done a mitzvah by showing appreciation to your teacher and penning words of encouragement for me to continue. If you have inspired other students to write such letters to their teachers, then you have accomplished even more.
Wishing you a happy and harmonious life with your Choson,
_________________________

P.S. I forgive you.

Note: Normally, I would have added an accompanying video of a wedding with lively Jewish music, but, out of respect for and, in empathy of the people in Haiti, I have decided not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment