בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



5 Jan 2010

Simple functions

Those of you who haven't read How An Ohel Bais Ezra Camper Transformed My Life! by Tova Nachman are missing out. The article describes the experience of the young author working in a camp for special needs.
"Every morning when I wake up I realize the beauty of each day and how fortunate I am to be able to perform simple functions without the necessary help of others. That I can stand on my own, breathe on my own, eat on my own—how I appreciate such basic abilities that are far from basic. They are such profound blessings we all have."
Read full article:
http://www.5tjt.com/news/read.asp?Id=5490

This morning when I recited birchot hashachar, I concentrated intently on the words, "Blessed be He who who opens the eyes of the blind", "Blessed be He who straightens the bowed" and gave extra thanks to Hashem for what I normally take for granted.

To listen to the first 5 blessings of birchot hashacha, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment