בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



4 Oct 2009

Increasing our efforts

This evening, I came across an article by Diane Faber Veitzer entitled "Standing before God."

"Two years ago, I approached the High Holidays with a certain sense of "here we go again." Having just turned 43, never married, no kids, I was having a tough time getting up the enthusiasm to pray for these same things. How many times can you ask for the same thing, and get the same answer?
In shul Rosh Hashanah morning, I saw that two of the young women in our community were standing up throughout the repetition of the Musaf service. These two girls, Sara and Tova, were the daughters of close friends my age. Both about 18 or 19, they were each just back from a post-high-school year studying in Jerusalem, and now, according to our community's custom, "ready to get married." I knew that these girls would be praying fervently to find their basherts (soul mates) quickly and easily."

To read how the author's prayers were finally answered, click on the link below.
http://www.aish.com/f/hotm/48950311.html

The author's story served as a source of inspiration to me to increase my efforts in prayer. Hopefully, our prayers will be answered for our good as we demonstrate to Hashem our determination to achieve a better and more fulfilling life.

No comments:

Post a Comment