בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



22 Sept 2009

Thinking outside the box

While this post is entitled Thinking outside the box, during the days between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur let's concentrate on thinking about a special box- namely the tzedakkah box. As we say in our prayers, "repentance, prayer and charity" avert the evil decree.

The following story about an innovative young man and his quest to find a job caught my eye. I wish him success in his endeavors and hope that the coming year will bring good fortune and success to all.

In a pinstripe suit, silk tie and polished shoes, David Rowe has all the trappings of a successful London city worker, except for one stark difference -- he is wearing a sandwich board that says "JOB WANTED."
As he walked down Fleet Street, home to legal firms and investment banks, the 24-year-old history graduate showed the human face behind the "lay-offs" and "recession" headlines.
"The first 20 paces are the hardest, you feel very conspicuous, but you just steel yourself to get on with it," he said, starting a slow trudge toward the Law Courts before turning toward St Paul's Cathedral.

......Rowe is one jobseeker who is not downhearted. Just hours after he started wearing the sandwich board that offered his services free for a month with the option to then "hire or fire me" he struck lucky.
Gavin Walker of international recruitment firm Parkhouse Bell liked Rowe's initiative and decided to interview him.
"I liked the fact he had thought out of the box. I was impressed by that. I was even more impressed after the interview. He's very employable, so much so I offered him a job to work with me."
Rowe, who has amassed a growing collection of business cards, says he will think carefully about the job offer.
"I told myself I'd do the sandwich board for five days and I will follow through on that."

To read full article click on the link below.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/British-graduate-scores-in-rb-3853075230.html?x=0

No comments:

Post a Comment