בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



1 Sept 2009

Kol Nidre and baseball

Major League Baseball and ESPN must be atone deaf. The Yankees' Sept. 27 home game against the Boston Red Sox has been rescheduled from 1 to 8 p.m. -- putting the first pitch well after the sundown start of Yom Kippur. The move forces observant Jewish fans to miss the game or risk having a lot more to atone for next Yom Kippur......
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09012009/news/regionalnews/an_unholy_move_by_espn_187533.htm

The following is an old joke that I was reminded of as I read the New York Post article about the Yankees.

Gottlieb called his Rabbi and said, "Rabbi, I know tonight is Kol Nidre, but tonight the Yankees start the playoffs. Rabbi, I'm a life-long Yankee fan. I've GOT to watch the Yankee game on TV."
The Rabbi responds, "Gottlieb, that's what VCR's are for."
Gottlieb is surprised. "You mean I can tape Kol Nidre?"
http://www.haruth.com/jhumor/jhumor36.html

No comments:

Post a Comment