בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



31 Jul 2009

The good and the bad

The last post dealt with realizing that both good and what we consider 'bad' come from Hashem. Both are planned for us by Hashem.
After publishing the last post, I went to a store in my area to buy Shabbos necessities. As soon as I walked into the store, I heard a woman talking in Hebrew.
"I know that all that G-d does is good," she told her friend.
"I recognize the voice," I thought to myself, and looked in the woman's direction. The woman has not had an easy life. She lost her son, a number of years ago, in a crash. Another child recently broke her engagement and the woman's husband has been in and out of hospital for the past few months. It was as if G-d was sending me a message. He was telling me that I post about accepting the 'bad' along with the good but SHE LIVES IT. LEARN FROM HER on how to truly believe that everything G-d does is in our best interests.
Yesterday, I read a wonderful article by Seth Mandell, someone whose 13 year old son was murdered in a terror attack. He and his wife could have been mired in self pity and given up on life and on Hashem. But, they used their grief to establish Camp Koby, a camp for bereaved children. To the woman in the store and to Seth and Sherrie Mandell, I say to you that I have the utmost admiration for you. You serve as sterling examples for the rest of us. From now on, I will try to say the words, Gam zu letovah -Everything is for the best - with more conviction.

No comments:

Post a Comment