בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



9 Jun 2009

The Don't Quit Poem

Shlomo Hamelech tells us in Mishlei Proverbs 24:16: "Ki Sheva Yipol Tzaddik Vekum, Ureshaim Yikashalu Berah.- A Righteous person falls many times and he gets up , and wicked people stumble with evil ."
After Abraham Lincoln lost a senate race he was quoted as saying, "The path was worn and slippery. My foot slipped from under me, knocking the other out of the way, but I recovered and said to myself, 'It's a slip and not a fall'"
Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. He had tried over 2,000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times . He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 -step process."
The above quotes were taken by from an article entitled "Never give up" by Rabbi Shlomo Price. It is a most interesting article which I highly recommend to read in its entirety.




No comments:

Post a Comment