בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



8 Feb 2009

Happy is he who is content with his lot

Over the weekend, I read a book entitled "The Invisible Woman". The first sentence of the prologue really struck home.
"Someone once told me that being happy is not wanting what you haven't got but wanting what you already have."
As the Ethics of the Fathers states, "Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has"
From now on, I will try to focus on the positives in my life and thank Hashem for all the good he has bestowed upon me.
I once heard a lecturer who advised the audience to think of five positive things to thank Hashem for when reciting the blessing of Modim in the Shemoneh Esrei. It does make a difference to your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment